1. Open Audacity.
2. A new editing / timeline window will open automatically. If not, Command+N will open a new document.
3. Drag an audio file to the empty window area: most formats are accepted: mp3, AIFF, WAV…
4. If your file is mono you will only see one waveform, if stereo, two waveforms, LEFT on top, RIGHT on the bottom.
5. the SPACE BAR starts and stops playback
6. You can drag as many files to the window as you want – they will open underneath each other.
2. Each time you click on an area of the waveform, “control handles” are set. Dragging the handles upwards increases volume, downwards decreases volume.