Quick Quicktime Cutting
1. If you’re using a hard-drive-based camera, drag your file onto the Desktop. Make sure to make an extra copy for safe keeping.
2. Drag your file onto the Quicktime icon.
3. Edit —> Trim
4. Drag the trim handles to select the in and out points. Make sure your trim is exactly 60 seconds.
5. Click the TRIM button on the right of the timeline.
6. The selected portion appears in a new “Untitled” file. When you close the file, you will be prompted to save.
7. Save with a non-descript title (A, B for instance).
8. Test your movie in Quicktime. This is the software we’ll be using for critique, so double check that it plays properly.