0. PRESENTATION CONFIRMATIONS
1. RESEARCH on individually-assigned TWITTER SOURCES + DIAGRAMMING
2. READING: Mark Fisher – Capitalist Realism (Chapters 1-3)
FOR NEXT WEEK
2. Michel Serres – Theory of the Quasi-Object (from The Parasite)
1. METHOD: Extraordinary advances in electronic communication have made possible an acceleration and consolidation of knowledge. Despite this, it takes a certain amount of skill (and TIME) to navigate the overwhelming sea of information we are immersed in on a daily basis. In the end, much of the promise of this new accelerated epistemology lies unfulfilled. Think up a new method for EFFICIENTLY correlating information, from all the sources you consult – online, physical etc. This method should involve a) strategies for accessing information, b) strategies for correlating information.
2. DIAGRAM: Diagrams come in a wide variety of formats. With the help of the internet, come up with a diagrammatic model for organizing some of the information contained in 15 of the 40 tweet sources we have been looking at (and will continue to look at next week). Organize this information according to your chosen model. (Try and find models which do not adopt the conventional “map of the internet” model of hubs and spokes, as difficult as it might be to avoid it!).
VIEWING (optional, but extremely useful): We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists (2012)